Legal Filing

The IRS requires tax exempt nonprofit organizations to file a 990 form annually.  If an organization fails to file a 990 form in 3 years, they will lose their tax exempt status.  There are different forms to file depending on your organization:
  • Form 990N:  An electronic filing for gross receipts below $50,000
  • Form 990EZ:  The form for organizations with gross receipts less than $200,000 or total assets less than $500,000
  • Form 990:  The form for organizations with gross receipts more than $200,000 or total assets more than $500,000
  • Form 990PF:  A private foundation filing
  • Form 990T:  The form for filing Unrelated Business Income
  • Form 990W:  The form for Estimated Tax on Unrelated Business Income

I assist organizations who wish to file a Form 990N or Form 990EZ.  I work with and can refer nonprofit accountants who deal in additional accounting needs of nonprofit organizations.

NOTE:  I am not an accountant or an attorney. I am a nonprofit consultant, but can assist in some legal filings for organizations.  I can obtain information on tax filings and assist nonprofit organizations seeking basic inform