Form 1023EZ Completion provides 501c3 Tax Exempt Status for organizations with projected income of $50,000 or less and that meet the 1023EZ Eligibility Worksheet.
This product and service includes
- obtaining your nonprofit EIN number;
- the development and filing of the proper Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws and Policy Templates;
- Nonprofit Industry Best Practices information
- Full 4 year Strategic Plan
- Submission of your Form 1023 for 501c3 Tax Exempt Status
|State Articles of Incorporation:|
(fees vary by state)
|CO State Fee Schedule|
|IRS Tax Exempt Application Fee:||IRS Fee Schedule|
|Determined by the need and scope of your project|
- Quick filing with a usually quick turn around by the IRS
- Guarantee by CANDO!
- Once all necessary and correct information is received from your organization, CANDO! will submit correct content to IRS and filing can be completed within 30 calendar days. CANDO! does not guarantee IRS approval of application.
- Strategic Plan Improves credibility and effectiveness
- Strategic Plan available through your organization for your public, IRS and State entities, government grantors, foundations, corporations, donors, possible volunteers/board of directors, clients/those interested in your organization to review and develop interest in organization
- Increased of awareness of filing requirements
- Proper document filing for nonprofit industry standards
- Awareness of Board of Director duties, roles and responsibilities to the organization
Drawbacks of 1023EZ filing with a full Strategic Plan
- Strategic Plan takes additional time
- Strategic Plan will cost organization more money
- The presentation of the organization’s mission, vision, operations, programming and fundraising plans will not be filed with the organization and will need to be provided and/or obtained by interested organizations or individuals from your organization and not from the IRS as many other organizations are required to do.
The Strategic Plan Information
- After the 1023EZ filing then we work on the Strategic Plan, which is completed between 6 to 27 months.
- The Four Year Strategic Plan will provide Operations, Programming, Fundraising and budgeting for the three areas that meets IRS and State Rules/Regulations/Laws and Nonprofit Industry Standards and guidelines.
- The application is reviewed by donors, foundations, government agencies and even the general public. With the strategic plan your organization will experience increased credibility and effectiveness of organization, particularly for obtaining grants and large donor contributions.
- Although the 1023EZ does not require submission of legal documentation to the IRS, your organization will benefit from the experience and knowledge of CANDO! to ensure your organization will have all the necessary legal documents meeting all IRS and State filing requirements.
- CANDO! ensures your organization files and maintains required Articles of Incorporation five necessary clauses to file with the State, understands proper ByLaws, and proper IRS and nonprofit industry recommended and/or suggested Policies and Procedures.
- Some organizations filing the 1023EZ end up not meeting State and IRS requirements for duties, roles and responsibilities of the Board of Directors to the organization . There are also nonprofit industry standards and guidelines for nonprofit Board of Directors.
- A proper Strategic Plan identifying the organization’s mission, meeting of the IRS Charitable Purpose Guidelines, Operations, Programming, Fundraising and Budgeting, ensures the public, IRS and State entities, government grantors, foundations, corporations, donors, possible volunteers/board of directors, clients/those interested in your organization are better able to know, understand, review and develop a strong support and interest in your organization.