Offered by State Farm, this grant focuses on safety, education, and community development – projects with help build safer, strong and better educated communities in the US.
This grant is eligible to a range of nonprofit organizations from:
- Educational institutions,
- programs conducted by Municipal, county, state or federal government entities that align with the State Farm® charitable focus,
- 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit organizations,
- 501(c)(4) volunteer fire companies,
- 501(c)(6) chambers of commerce
Safety Grants focus on Auto and road safety, teen driving education, home safety and fire protection, disaster preparedness, and disaster recovery.
Community Development Grants focus on affordable housing, job training, neighborhood revitalization, small business development, financial literacy, and first time home ownership.
Education Grants focus on college pathways and career success nationally, and teacher development, service learning and education reform and improvement locally.
Applications are available Sept. 1, 2018 – Oct 31, 2018, with grant decisions coming in by the end of the first quarter 2019.