Getting Ready for Giving Tuesday
Making sure your organization is set up to accept online donations on Giving Tuesday can be as labor-intensive and technical as compiling a grant application. Here’s your checklist for ensuring that your organization is ready to go on November 30, 2021. Our advice—complete this checklist well in advance of Giving Tuesday. Start in September.
1. Set up donations on your Facebook Page.
Setting up donations on your nonprofit’s Facebook page takes more than just adding it in your settings. Every organization must fill out an application that takes 2-3 weeks to process. Setting up a donation button will allow individuals to set up Facebook fundraisers for your organization and allow people to donate directly through your page. You receive proceeds from Facebook donations through Network for Good on a monthly basis.
2. Set up online giving on your website.
There are many options for nonprofits to accept online donations, so you’ll want to choose a payment processor that meets your organization’s needs. One simple option is PayPal, but if you are a larger, more complex organization, you may want to look into more comprehensive fundraising tools.
3. Check to see if you have a local GivingTuesday chapter with its own registration process and register.
While participating in GivingTuesday doesn’t require registration, some local efforts have special online platforms that do! Make sure you know how GivingTuesday is celebrated locally and how to participate.
4. Register on your state or regional-specific giving day pages.
Some states, cities, and counties have their own giving days. Colorado Gives Day, Georgia Gives Day, and Give to the Max (MN) are some that happen in November and December this year. Oftentimes, local giving days have a special online platform where you will need to set up a profile for your organization.
5. Participate in workshops.
There are many workshops available that take you through the steps necessary for successful online fundraising. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Candid – Build a Giving Tuesday Campaign that Inspires and Converts
- Network for Good – Year-End Preparation Outreach You Can’t Go Without
- CauseVox – How to Launch a #GivingTuesday Campaign
Want advice on your year-end fundraising? Schedule a free consultation with Linda Akey today.